What is our NEW Deposit Protection Plan?
To allow some flexibility for our guests, we are now offering a Deposit Protection Plan.
- The Deposit Protection Plan (DPP) is a form of coverage offered by Emerald Waterways that protects the deposit amount paid on an Emerald Waterways cruise.
- To participate in this program, the cost is $125/pp USD and must be paid with the deposit on the Deposit Due Date.
- Our Deposit Protection Plan is non-refundable and non-transferrable and cannot be added past the Deposit Due Date. The DPP also only covers Cruise or Tour deposit, it DOES NOT cover Air deposits.
How it works
- When guests choose to cancel or change their cruise departure date for any reason prior to the final payment due date as per the terms and conditions, the value of the Deposit Protection Plan paid will be charged as a fee.
- Additionally, any third-party supplier fees incurred by us (i.e components provided by third parties such as, but not limited to, hotels) will be subtracted from the deposit amount and we will credit the remainder towards an alternative cruise. This must be booked within 24 months of the cancellation.
- If guests do not book within the 24-month period advised, the deposit amount held on file will be forfeited.
- The DPP does not, nor does it intend to, replace travel insurance. Emerald Waterways highly recommends all guests purchase travel insurance prior to leaving for their vacation.
- If a guest declines the DPP at the time of booking, this will be noted on their reservation and will not be allowed to be added after the Deposit Due Date.
If guests who have purchased the DPP cancel after final payment due date, the Deposit Protection Plan is no longer valid. Our standard cancellation policy will apply to cancellations made after final payment due date. The cancellation fees will be advised by the Cancellations Team after cancellation in writing is received.
- Guests who cancel prior to the final payment due date but have NOT taken out the Deposit Protection Plan than the deposit remains non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Terms & Conditions
The Deposit Protection Plan (DPP) is available for new bookings.
The DPP is provided at a cost of $125 per person per tour or cruise, $200 per person per cruise or tour on Emerald Cruises yacht cruising voyages.
The DPP is not available on Russian cruises.
Where You cancel a tour or cruise prior to the invoiced final Payment Date, and the Deposit Protection Plan applies, We will hold Your deposit, less any third party cancellation and/or administrative fees incurred by Us, for Our tour products only, (i.e. not products provided by third parties such as air travel), then We will credit the remainder of the deposit towards an alternative cruise or tour product, if You book within 24 months of cancellation.
If Your tour or cruise is suspended the terms and conditions of the suspension will be applicable to Your booking and the cost of the DPP and all funds being held will be moved into a Future Travel Credit.
The DPP is not combinable with any other exceptional discounts or offers, that may be promoted at the time You pay Your deposit.
If You do not rebook within 24 months, or utilise all of Your Deposit, it will be forfeited. If You have booked a cruise or tour with an applicable Fly Deal or other Earlybird Offer, any airline cancellation fees will be deducted from the deposit amount if flights have been ticketed. The Deposit Protection Plan does not, nor is it intended to, replace travel insurance.
Policy is effective for new bookings made from June 29, 2021.